Create an eCommerce Website in 2021 (All Guideline A to Z)
E-commerce is a revolution in the current online product marketing system. This e-commerce system has brought a new change by changing the concept of buying and selling conventional products through internet. So not to mention the role of e-commerce in digital business commerce.
Today in EGO, we will learn about the perfect layout of an e-commerce website and its marketing strategies you should follow in 2021. Besides, if you create your e-commerce website according to which policies, you will get good sales, we’ll try to know everything about it. So let’s start…
How to create an eCommerce Website in 2021?
Website design is the first process to start an eCommerce website. Because design is a very important issue in an e-Commerce field. The design of your website should be such that a buyer can easily find any product. As well as clicking on a product, he’ll able to see some more products related to that product. Adding related products to any eCommerce site has the potential to increase sales many times over.
1. About page: The About page of the website describes the identity of the company in general. So, you can understand how important this page is. If your website is a eCommerce and there is no about page, then a buyer will never have confidence about your business.
So, you should create an About Page and highlight the various identity details of your website and business there. Try your best to present the page nicely so that a customer can be attracted very easily.
2. Blog or article page: eCommerce website must have a blog page, where you will write about your product at different times. Here you can write a review of your top selling products. You can also post various reviews about the quality of your product.
This blog post is one of the ways to attract a customer very easily. Because in the sale option of your product you will not be able to highlight as much information about your product as you can through a blog posts. In addition, a study has shown that it is possible to rank an e-commerce website more through blog posts.
3. FAQ page: This is basically a questions and answers session of any website. The FAQ – Frequently Ask Questions page lets you answer a number of potential buyers’ questions. For example, if there is a problem with the product, whether you refund, how long it may take for shipping, etc. A buyer may be more confident about your service by visiting this FAQ page before purchasing the product.
4. Contact page: Contact page is one of the most important page for an eCommerce website. If you do not have a contact page on your website, a buyer will not be able to contact you for his special needs.
So, of course you need to create a fully functional contact page for your website. Here all the ways for you to contact the customer will be described. You can also add links to various social profiles of your organization here.
5. Terms and Conditions page: The Terms and Conditions page describes the conditions that a buyer must meet in order to receive services from your website. Terms and conditions are a very important and sensitive issue. Because, if it is not there, if a customer buys a product, you may face various problems later.
A customer basically buys your product with a check mark (agreeing) on the terms and conditions option. So the necessity of this page is immense.
Lastly, don’t arrange your website in such a way that visitors have to click and click to find the information. Make the website sublime and easy to present to the customer. So that anyone can easily visit any page. In addition, it is important to ensure that a customer can easily visit the back and front page. Another important thing is to include live chat on the website. As a result, the visitor can get information about any necessary subject from the website through live chat.
OK, we just learned how to design an eCommerce website by following the necessary guidelines. In the second part we will try to know about SEO of eCommerce website.
SEO for eCcommerce Website
Once you create a website, you will not get the desired traffic if you don’t have any proper SEO. And when it is an eCommerce website, SEO is even more important. E-commerce SEO is essential for every online business. Because, if you don’t do SEO, you will lose the visitors of the website, as well as you will be deprived of selling.
A study found that about 44% of consumers start their online shopping process by searching on Google. Before buying anything online, they search Google for specific products. 36.5% of the total traffic of an e-commerce website come through search engines.
About 23.6% of product purchases come from organic search traffic. So it goes without saying, just how important SEO is for your eCommerce website. So to get the desired sell, you should seriously monitor the SEO of the website after creating the website and uploading the product. Then let’s discuss how you can have a proper SEO for your website.
eCommerce Keyword Research
Keyword research is the basis of every SEO campaign. Based on keyword research you can sort each topic on the website and determine the next course of action. An eCommerce website has to do keyword research in 8 steps. They are given below:
- Make a list of all the pages on the website.
- Make a list of possible keywords on each page.
- Use keyword research tools to find out the monthly search volume of keywords and other keyword competitions.
- Starting with keywords that have more search volume but less competition in the beginning.
- Using long tail keywords means that the keywords are 4 to 6 words. Competitors for long tail keywords are usually low. But the actual product helps visitors find out.
- Adhere to Google’s guidelines for keyword application and adhere to the Keyword Golden Ratio – KGR method.
Use Keyword Research Tools
There are several free and paid keyword research tools for doing eCommerce SEO. Using this tools you can easily research a sorted keyword. Many times you will get different results from different tools. But the best practice is if you can choose the best keyword. In that case the tools given below will help you a lot.
- Keyword Tool Dominator
- Google Keyword Planner
- Moz – SEO Software for Smarter Marketing
- SEM Rush etc.
On-page SEO of eCommerce Website
On-page SEO of a website makes the website search engine friendly. As well as making the website user friendly to the visitors. In a word, on-page SEO is the overall method of presenting information or products to search engines and users. On-page SEO of an eCommerce website should be done in 10 steps. Let’s not know the steps.
- Create a keyword list for your product that should be used in on-page SEO of each product.
- Use different plugins to do on-page SEO. Such as Yoast SEO, Rank Math or All in one SEO etc.
- Voice search has now increased in various search engines. There is a lot of voice search, especially for e-commerce products. So these voice search keywords need to be added to on-page SEO.
- Write the product description. In most cases, SEO experts use the phrases “Lowest Price”, “Best Product”, “Free Delivery” or any promotional word in the product description. As a result, in addition to specific keywords, several keywords rank the website.
- Use lite JPG images and short MP4 videos when posting images and videos. If you use lite image and video size in your pages, your website will load fast. So keep in mind the issue of file optimization.
- You have to show related product suggestions to the product shop page. This has the potential to increase sales. In that case linking of the intern has to be done properly.
- Product titles and meta tags should be as small as possible but meaningful.
- The page must use H1, H2, H3 heading tags. These elements are search engine friendly.
- Make sure the website has a good review. Websites that have good reviews get relatively more visitors.
- Write unique and quality content and do on-page SEO of the content. Of course copy content must be avoided if you want to get rank.
Now you know how to make proper SEO for your website. But SEO is not the final word for a website. If you can not optimize your site properly, you’ll fail to generate more sells. So at the last part of this article will try to learn how to generate more sales from an eCmmerce site.
eCommerce website optimization or in some cases technical eCommerce SEO is something that ensures some important aspects of the website according to the needs of search engines. In order to make an e-commerce website 100% search engine friendly, one must ensure the issues of technical SEO and website optimization. Such as:
- The lower the loading speed of the website, the better. This will help you to get rank in search engines and will reduce the bounce rate of the website.
- Another important thing for a website is to ensure SSL Certificate. Of course, in the case of other sites, especially e-commerce websites, it is not possible to get rank without SSL Certificate.
- Since most visitors now come through mobile phones, so the website must be mobile friendly or responsive. Just as a visitor can easily view all the information on your website from a desktop, so too can it be easily accessed from a mobile.
- If there is any error in Google search console, it should be found out and resolved quickly. It is also important to make sure that all the posts and pages are indexed by Google. If Google does not index your website, your website will not be displayed to a visitor in the search results.
- Make sure there are no invalid pages on the website. If the Error 404 page is on the website, you need to find it and delete or link the page with another one.
- Upload the robots.txt file. Basically, this file indicates which pages you will ask search engines to index.
- Schema markup needs to be added to the website. Schema markup is made up of a number of HTML tags, which will provide search engines with information about product deals, product ratings and stocks.
You can view the status of the schema markup in the product report on the Google Search Console. When you have a checklist of all the keywords, you can check the ranking in the search console.
Easy Checkout Page and Payment Method
When a buyer wants to buy something from your website, he goes to the check out page to add the product. If you design the checkout page in a complex way, that is, you have to give a lot of information to the buyer to buy a product and you have to complete a few steps, then the buyer will leave your checkout page and lose interest in buying the product.
As a result, you lost buyers and lost website visitors. You can gather as much information as you need to avoid such problems. That is why you can keep information in the first step and delivery address in the second step and payment method in the third or last step.
Even if the buyer leaves the check out page at the end of the first step, you can still get their information and market to them again later. So the check out page should be as simple and user friendly as possible.
The payment method that most people prefer must be kept. For example, our most popular payment methods are cash on delivery and mobile banking. These two payment methods must be placed on the checkout page.
Decorate the FAQ Page
In the first part of this article we learned about the importance of FAQ pages. By adding FAQ page on the website, buyers should be able to answer questions from different perspectives. Before buying a product, various questions are created in the minds of the buyers.
As a result, buyers are reluctant to purchase products if they do not have the answers to these relevant questions. On the FAQ – Frequently Asked Question page, you can answer all the possible questions asked from the buyers in advance. Such as:
- What is your refund policy?
- In which areas do you deliver?
- What is the delivery charge by region?
- What is your payment method?
- Can I cancel after ordering?
- How long will the product be available on hand?
- How can I track orders?
- What are the ingredients of the product?
Advertise on Social Media
eCommerce SEO will never be complete without promotion or advertising on social media. It can never be denied that a large number of visitors will come to the website from social media.
The content of your website should be written in such a way that it is shared more and more on social media. Again, you have to add some buttons on the social media so that more and more visitors come to the website, such as Learn More, Shop Now, etc.
One thing to note is that Google also ranks social media posts at different times in search results. According to Google’s algorithm, Facebook and Twitter get higher priority in terms of post ranking.
Facebook is the most popular social media in the world now. Its popularity in almost every country of the world is much higher than other social media. Again the demand for Instagram for social media marketing based on popularity, effectiveness and necessity is now much higher. And that’s why many freelancers are thinking of capitalizing on Instagram marketing to build their careers. If you wish, you can also use this intense popularity of Facebook and Instagram to promote your product.
In this long article we have discussed in detail the design, SEO and other work processes of an eCommerce website. However, if you want to do full SEO, you must seek the help of an SEO expert. It is better to say that there is no shortcut to SEO, it will take at least a few months to do SEO.